Falafel Chickpea Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers are packed with flavor and make a great vegetarian main dish. The falafel-spiced chickpea filling is hearty and satisfying, and the peppers themselves are roasted to perfection. Serve with a simple salad or some steamed vegetables for a complete meal. You won’t even miss the meat!
About This Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers Dish
- Prep:15 mins
- Cook:45 mins
- Skill Level: Easy
- Feeds: 4 People
- 2kg topside of beef (buy one with a layer of natural fat on the top)
- 4 tbsp.
- extra-virgin olive oil, divided 1
- large yellow onion, finely chopped3
- garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper2
- 15.5-ounce cans chickpeas, drained 2 tsp.
- ground cumin1 tsp.
- ground coriander1/4 c.
- plus 2 tablespoons chopped curly parsley 4
- bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and ribs discarded 1/4 c.
- finely chopped tomatoes1/4 c.
- finely chopped cucumbers 1/2
- Tahini, for serving
- STEP 1
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion mixture to a bowl.
- STEP 2
Add chickpeas, cumin, coriander, 1/4 cup parsley, and 1 tablespoon olive oil to bowl; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- STEP 3
Arrange bell peppers in a baking dish and fill with chickpea mixture. Roast until peppers are tender, about 30 minutes.
- STEP 4
Meanwhile, toss tomatoes and cucumbers with lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- STEP 5
Serve vegetarian stuffed peppers topped with tomato salad and drizzled with tahini.